Wednesday, July 22, 2020

We lost a giant in the Las Vegas woodworking community

It's with a great deal of sadness that I write this post - I just learned about Ed Garcia's passing. 

Ed ran probably the most well known lumberyard here in town - if you ever saw a sharply dressed fellow walking through the stacks of wood, with his safety vest on, then you know who I am talking about. 


Over the years, Ed and I had many a conversation about the state of woodworking in this town. 


Ed's office was next to my saleswoman's desk, and I can't tell you how many times I peeked inside and saw him at his desk. Sometimes we chatted for a bit, and he'd share family stories or some crazy woodworking gossip. 


In fact, when I started Sin City Woodworkers in 2009, I needed a location to hold our second meeting, and Ed generously offered Peterman's warehouse to our group. 


I'm going to miss his charming smile and his leadership there. 

RIP, Ed. 

The Vegas woodworking community is a little dimmer without you in it. 





No comments: