Sunday, November 04, 2012

Celebrity Furniture Designers... and a completely unrelated video

Some furniture makers work their entire lives in relative anonymity. 

It's a shame, their work goes mostly unnoticed, yet they produce amazing work. Like this.  


Or this.


Or this.


Or this.


Or this.


And these are just off the top of my head!

So when I saw the headline that Brad Pitt was debuting his furniture collection - I thought - WTF?


As much as I was prepared to not like any of his pieces - I actually found a few of them interesting. (Am I the only one who thinks that?)  Sure, they're a little slick for my taste - I wouldn't want any of them in my home. But I've seen a lot worse. 

Finally...  I'm not a big fan of pulling pranks on people. I think it's cruel. But this video is pretty funny. And the end is great. 

1 comment:

Vegas Lupe said...

Loved the video with the little kids… So mean… Yet funny…

To be honest, I think that the Brad Pitt designs are dreadful, but then again, I am not an authority in good taste and refinement. If someone ever told me that my work is “interesting”, I should probably throw in the towel. It is such a politically correct word to say… “I really don’t like it,” or “I don’t know what to think of it.” A few years ago, a friend of mine wrote an article in a magazine titled: “Top Ten Back-handed Compliments to Use after Watching a Horrible Magician.” They were hilarious. This might also be applied to furniture designers. If I ever met Brad Pitt, I could probably use one of these…

Top Ten Back-handed Compliments to Use after Seeing Ugly Furniture Designs…

10. Very interesting.
9. Wow!
8. If I hadn’t seen it, I wouldn’t have believed it.
7. Your pieces take my breath away.
6. You are better than I thought you’d be.
5. The art of furniture design just took another giant step.
4. You’ve got talent you haven’t even used.
3. Nobody designs that kind of furniture like you.
2. Where you ever good (?).
1. Never better.

Hope you and your readers have a good week. ;)