Monday, August 29, 2011

Nice piece of Ash


As we woodworkers say - nice piece of Ash!

One of my online friends asked about the size of this bed, and mentioned that it looked low. Since most chairs that we use are roughly 18" high, I made this bed so that once the mattress was added, the overall height would be right there. If you've ever had a bed that is too low, you know how difficult that can be to get up in the morning!


And if you have a bed too high - well, the "kids" have trouble jumping up. Yes, I admit it - I let the kids sleep with me. With a face like this, how could I not?


I was hoping for a very zen feel for this bed, and I think I accomplished it. Warm wood tones always look best next to cooler colors, like blues and greens, so these sage sheets and blanket were an easy choice for me. A few years ago, I picked up some organic cotton bedding at West Elm, so I was thrilled when I found this set on sale here in town. If you're unfamiliar with West Elm, check this out.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow!!!!!!!!!!!
such a fine wood working..........
fantastic wood work really like it................
nice............