Friday, December 12, 2008

Edamame Soup recipe

I know, I know. I'm supposed to be talking about woodworking. But I'm drowning in sawdust and glaze slime and packing boxes, so I just need a little break. Anyone who reads this blog knows I'm a wannabe food blogger, so here's another favorite.

You must make this soup.

I swear, this is so easy and good and healthy, you're going to be thanking me someday. This recipe came from 101cookbooks.com, one of my favorite food sites. They attribute the recipe to London-based writer/chef Charlotte Hume, who wrote the book - The Great Big Veg Challenge.

Edamame Soup

1 teaspoon olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 potato, peeled and cut into small cubes,
1 1/2 lb frozen edamame beans, defrosted
1 quart vegetable (or chicken) stock
2 tablespoons creme fraiche
salt and freshly ground pepper

In a pan, saute the onion and potato in the oil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Cover and allow it to soften for about 4 minutes, until they have both softened. Stir to prevent the mixture from sticking and burning. Add the beans and the vegetable stock. Put the lid on and simmer on a medium heat for 15-20 minutes until the beans are tender. Puree in a food processor or with a hand blender. Stir in the creme fraiche, reheat gently without boiling and serve.

Serves 4.

(In my house, this only feeds two.)

Oh, and the two dogs get a little...

OK, it feeds four.

No comments: