Thursday, April 02, 2015

This is how you embrace a new technique!

Have you noticed I haven't been blogging as much as usual? That's because I'm in the middle of a tough teaching schedule, with little time to get much of anything done!

But I just had to throw these photos up here, because they're so cool! We just wrapped up two sessions of compound miters, and everyone really seemed to excel at their projects! 

There were a lot of happy lamp makers here, some with excellent use of color. It's funny; sometimes I'll talk about MilkPaint and the class will just yawn. This class really dove into painting, and their results were wonderful.






If one is good, then two are amazing... new walnut bedside lamps! 


Not everyone wanted to make a lamp... here's a very interesting clock with a crooked (on purpose!) lid. The color and feel of this piece is amazing; I wish you could feel it!



How about a personalized planter? 


If I told you this piece had a secret compartment, it really wouldn't be a secret anymore, right?  There are a couple more pieces that didn't get finished tonight, but trust me - they will be worth the wait!








No comments: