Sunday, January 26, 2014

Stairway to Heaven...

Sometimes you can label things quite simply in terms of "before" and "after." Things were one way "before" and and then later.... changed.... "after." This day is like that for me. 

My dad died 11 years ago today. 

You'll often hear me say that I never felt like an adult until my dad died. It's true. It was like someone turned off the switch - before-and-after.

And since it's been so long, I don't really feel sad about it anymore. He was a fun guy - smart, driven, handsome - and everyone's memories of him are kind. 


Isn't that what you'd want someone to say about you, 11 years after you're gone? 

I grew up listening to this music, and it struck me when I saw this video tonight how fitting it was. So I'm sending out best wishes to my pops tonight, wherever he is.... hopefully - on that stairway to heaven.



No comments: