Saturday, April 13, 2013

For your morning reading...

Like most people in their morning routine, I like to settle down with a cup of coffee and  read the morning paper online. 



I'm not sure how it started, but reading the San Francisco Chronicle 



has become one of my favorite morning rituals. The columnists are insightful, the food columns are to die for, but the absolute best part is the reader's comments. No where on the planet will you find funnier statements about news stories. 

Want a terrific example? 

In today's paper, there was a story about someone walking into a Home Depot and practically cutting his arms off. My first thought - uh oh, a panel saw accident. Turns out the man was either mentally ill, or drugged up, and just grabbed a drywall saw to hack off his arm. 

Not necessarily appropriate reading material for my morning coffee. But the best part - the comments that followed. Here are some of my favorite ones. 

(Click on the first image below to enlarge all of them.)





























By the time I'd finished writing this blog, there were another fifty comments left.

I won't even comment about all the readers leaving comments about another person's misfortune, and what it says about our society. Instead, I'l just pour another cup of coffee and go back to the paper. 


No comments: