Sunday, August 22, 2010

Our top secret project


Remember that project that I mentioned a few weeks ago, the one for the VIP? Turns out if I tell you about it, I'll have to kill you.

No, I'm just kidding, but I did sign a confidentiality agreement about it, so I guess I won't be able to post anything here. But I thought I'd share a couple of (vague) pictures of my buddy Dan and me working on this project.

We make a hell of a mess when we work.

Every single workbench in the shop was covered with tools, parts, food, scrap material and more crap than I ever thought possible.



We basically worked nonstop for three days, building,


testing finishes,


cutting french cleats for the cabinet backs,


installing hardware,


and then sanding. And more sanding. Not to mention staining, finishing and waxing. I thought my arms were going to fall off. That isn't a smile, it's a grimace.


Our friend Thomas stopped by to check out our progress and bring us some energy drinks. He was sworn to secrecy, too.


All in all, this was a great experience, it's just a shame that it's one of those projects we don't get to brag about. Still, I think we look pretty proud of our work, don't you?



1 comment:

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

I guess I was sworn to secrecy too, but I don't remember... must have been the HEAT?

Looks so well made from what little I can see! I love the star trim, very cool.