Sunday, August 15, 2010

How cool is this?

I grew up less than six miles from the L.A. airport, and when I was a kid, I was fascinated by planes. (I still am.) Watching them fly overhead from our backyard was my favorite pastime, so it's really exciting that I've been doing some work for the local air force base.


A fellow called me last week to ask if I could make a couple of wooden stands that he could use as going-away gifts. When he mentioned what he wanted to mount on the wood, I knew it was something I wanted to make.



This is an ejection handle from a fighter jet - how many other woodworkers can say they've worked on a project this cool?


Photos of the other one will be coming; the finish is still drying. Meanwhile, I'm heading out to the backyard with the kids, to watch the jets fly overhead.


1 comment:

Michael Paxton said...

Coolest
Gift
Ever!!!