Thursday, August 19, 2021

Get back to work!...


Someone said to me the other day - "jeez, you're only teaching two nights a week.... add some classes!"


Obviously, he didn't realize that I'm building quite a bit of furniture these days, and that's almost a full time job in itself!  The truth is - I'm really enjoying getting back to basics - cool joinery, working with beautiful woods, and experimenting with different finishes.


I just finished this Cherry desk, and it's one of my favorites. 



I've built variations of this design a few times, but this one is a special one. You don't find grain like this all the time, and I'm not sure if it really shows in these photos, but the drawer fronts are simply gorgeous. 


I have a few more pieces in the pipeline, and one of them will be a real challenge, employing a wood that I don't normally use, along with a finish that I've never tried.  

What could go wrong? LOL

Stay tuned!


 

1 comment:

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

That desk is gorgeous!