Friday, February 12, 2016

The Amazing Expanding Table


It's pretty common for students and customers to send me links about furniture; they're usually about pieces they want to build, or they want ME to build. 

But - I've gotten emails about this expanding table design so many times, I've lost count.  I've never had enough time (or desire) to figure out how to build it, but thanks to one of my woodworking buddies - I finally know how this thing goes together!

This has to be one of the most requested pieces I've ever - and someday... I'll find the time to attempt one of these. Congrats to this guy for an amazing design and follow-through.


Wooden Expanding Table: A Brief History

1 comment:

Vegas Lupe said...

Yup, I have seen this video too, and it is intriguing. Nice project for the upcoming table class, don't you think? I bet we can whip that puppy out in the six week schedule of eighteen hours, don't you think? ;) LOL!