Thursday, January 21, 2016

#DStrong in the woodshop


It's so easy to take ourselves too seriously. We think what we're doing is just so life-or-death, when in reality, our stuff is pretty ordinary. We're not re-inventing the wheel, or solving life's mysteries; we're just all going about our day trying to pay the bills, feed the kids and critters, and hopefully sleep well at night. 

To me, it's the simple things that really make me happy. An ice cold beer in summer. Pretty tulips sprouting up in the yard in spring. Stella running up to greet me when I walk in the door. 

So I've been trying to beautify things in my surroundings. Simple stuff. Check out this log -  I have no idea what kind of wood it is (I may send it off to be identified)...


  but it's very pretty. Yellow pretty.


 The re-sawn plank is perfect for my latest project - and one of the cutoffs allowed me to make a couple of pegs. 


 And boom -  another tool holder for the shop - this time, holding the brand new Lie-Nielsen draw knife. 



 Speaking of important things - have you heard about the #DStrong campaign? Now THIS is important. 







No comments: