Friday, November 07, 2008

The power of Etsy

While surfing this morning, I happened to find this Etsy artist. Her video just makes me smile. Oh- and I love the music. I don't know about you, but I just like watching an artist make something. It connects me with them. And her work is amazing. Check out her skull mugs, or her squid teapot.


If you've never heard of Etsy, you're missing out on something special.

What is Etsy?

Etsy is an online marketplace for buying & selling all things handmade.

Their mission is to enable artists to make a living by selling their work online,
and to connect makers with buyers.

It's a pretty simple concept - if you're an artist, you can sell on their site. You can sell anything, as long as its handmade, or as long as you're selling supplies that will go into handmade items.

Look, I know times are getting a little tough out there. It's happening everywhere, we're all experiencing it. But I guarantee this - if you go shopping on Etsy, you're going to find some amazing things, at better prices than you'll find at your local shops. You can even do a search for artists in your hometown, and pick the work up from them, so you'll save on shipping fees. Most Etsy artists I've spoken to love to meet their buyers.

The Etsy banner says it all:

Now aren't you sort of craving a cup of coffee in one of those skull mugs?

No comments: