Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Peanut Gallery and Making a Carving Knife

Where did the word peanut gallery come from?

Oh wait, here it is - 

peanut gallery:   a group of (sometimes stupid) people that make comments on something they are watching or listening to; spectators with a verbal opinion
"we will not tolerate comments from the peanut gallery," said the announcer.



Here's my definition: comments from douche bags focusing on insignificant details.

The reason I bring this up is because the fellow below made a terrific video on making a carving knife. He took the time to post it on YouTube, which brought out  - you guessed it - the peanut gallery. 

I've had experience with that: two years ago I put a video on YouTube about sculpting wood. And I got so many negative comments from the peanut gallery (i.e. - douche bags) that I took the video down. It just wasn't worth it to hear all their crap about how I didn't know what I was doing, or I was sure to lose a finger, blah, blah, blah. Haters gonna hate!

The same thing happened to the guy below - so after you watch the video on YouTube, look at his comments below. I think he pretty much nails it. 





Hat's off to this guy - I think the video is terrific, and even though I don't need a carving knife, I am tempted to make one just because he made it look so fun. 



1 comment:

Vegas Lupe said...

It was indeed a great video! Thank you for sharing it. That knife looks great, and due to the fact that the shaft is made from a hefty drill bit, it is going to last a lifetime.

Unfortunately there are jerks in every field. :-( That is the only thing that annoys me about social media. You have people that are never happy and they have a chip on their shoulder.