The fence on my SawStop has been giving me headaches. It had more dips and valleys than - well, fill in the blank here. When I would try to cut a board, you could literally see all the humps on the fence, and the cuts weren't all that accurate.
Here's the offender - so I removed that white laminated piece on the left, to see what the actual fence frame looked like.
A feeler gauge slips right into that gap
Now I'll say this - SawStop is very good about covering their saws. VERY. I've had three different models in my school, and their technicians have never failed to get me the parts I need to fix things.
One of the things I really preach to my students is about learning to fix things yourself. Channel your inner McGuyver, it will save you money, and you'll actually learn how your tool works, from the inside out.
In this case, I knew I needed to shim out the fence a little bit. I tried to use a couple of small pieces of plastic laminate, but they ended up being too thick, so it sent the fence bowing too much in the opposite direction.
Then - of course - Danny to the rescue!
He suggested using some plastic laminate backer paper, which is thin and strong. He even had a piece of it that I could use.
All this fence manipulation can sometimes ruin the calibration on your fence, so the last thing to do was re-set it. It couldn't be more simple!
Just bring the fence right up against the blade - as close as you can get it. (It's not turned on, by the way.)