Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Life's distractions


This blog is mostly about woodworking. Or it's supposed to be.

But sometimes things get in the way, like the death of a loved one, or a new puppy, or a vacation to an interesting destination. I really to try to keep my personal life out of it; in this day and age, it's wise.



But I have a few things going on right now that are somewhat distracting, and weighing me down a bit. A beloved pet is dying, and if you've ever cared for one, you'll understand how hard of a time it is. Lily is smart and loving, a great companion and a proud dog. To experience a pet's decline is heartbreaking, so if I seem a little distracted from the day to day woodworking stuff, you'll have to cut me some slack.




You know how when you're thinking about buying a car, and then for the next week or two, all you see on the road is that exact car? It's a heightened awareness, it happens all the time, if you really stop to think about it.

So this afternoon, I was working at my desk, avoiding some paperwork that is piling up, and decided to browse one of my favorite newspapers. I came across this story; it was spellbinding.

As if I weren't feeling blue enough, this piece made me want to curl up in a fetal position for the rest of the day. So much for getting any work done around here!

Stay tuned, I may have a very interesting announcement in the next few days or so...


No comments: