Monday, April 20, 2009

Cobalt Waterfall Glazes

It's been a while since I posted any images of the Waterfall glazes that make my humble clay work look so nice. A few nights ago, I fired my big kiln, filled mostly with tile.

The deep green in these tiles is amazing, they're going to look fabulous in the Mahogany dining table that I intend to build.



This particular load was fired perfectly.




Every shelf I removed revealed the layer underneath it. Shelf by shelf, every layer became more exciting than the one above it.



But these dinner plates proved to be the real winner of the load. They're just under 10" square, and I may have finally mastered that cobalt glaze that I call Real Blue.

I'll get back to woodworking very soon; like I said, I've got some interesting irons in the fire.


These images will have to hold you over until certain things come to fruition over here.

Stay tuned...

No comments: