Sunday, July 22, 2012

Follow up on one of my recent projects


A few weeks ago, I wrote about a small table I was making.

It's been sitting in my shop for a couple of weeks, awaiting pickup, and one of my blog readers wrote to ask if I would post a picture of it when it was finished.

Remember the top started off as a hexagon, Dominoe'd together,



and ended up in a circle, rabbeted for a sandwich of engraved plexiglas and double strength glass.


The photos aren't great; the sun was cooperating at all, but at least you can see the top here, with its engraved artwork. It's common for each graduating class to leave a gift behind at the local air force base, and this is one of those pieces.


This bar height table is probably holding a beer or two right about now. Congrats to the graduating class that commissioned it!


No comments: