Friday, August 03, 2018

Obsolete - Qué lástima


One of my favorite candies is ceasing to exist...how is that even possible? Back in the day, when I was learning to blow glass, my instructor introduced me to these peanut butter gems. 


If you like peanut butter, you'd love these!  

When blowing glass, it's common to sweat off a few pounds a day, so staying hydrated and energized with candy was our main objective. It wouldn't be a good idea to pass out near a glass furnace!



Let's hope that someone picks up this product line and starts making these again.  It would be a shame for these to become obsolete.




Speaking of obsolete, one of the drill presses in the shop broke, and the replacement part was obsolete. 


My boy Denny and I had to MacGuyver the hell out of a different part, in order to make the repair. I just don't understand why manufacturers don't use common parts, so that they can be used universally for repairs. 

That's my beef for today! 

(Thanks, Den!)

No comments: