Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Hammerin' away at it...


We're in the dog days of summer, and there's no doubt that it's affecting us. The good news is that the swamp coolers are actually working well in the shop, and later in the evening - a few students actually have put sweat shirts on! I'm not sure I'm feeling their coolness, but I have to say I'm impressed with the swamp's ability to keep up with 110 degree temps!

All of this means I'm using my woodworking energies wisely - and spending more time with my Glowforge, experimenting and playing with all the free designs that are available on the web. 

Here's my latest favorite - hammers!


These wooden hammers are entirely impractical, but completely cool. 


I've made both sizes!
 

Here's the video showing how to assemble... it just takes minutes. 


And of course, I had to personalize them! 


Small projects like these are just what I need right now. In fact, I'm just wrapping up about a dozen small commissions, all while teaching classes four nights a week... no wonder I haven't been blogging lately!

I promise I'll get back on the keyboard soon... thanks to all who've written to see if I'm OK!



No comments: