Saturday, October 28, 2017

Where Have I Been?...


Where have I been? 

To tell you the truth, there's a bit of depression and "getting back to normal" going on over here with most people I know. It's slow going, and I won't lie - I'm feeling it, too. 

We are starting to heal here, but it's in small steps. Part of that process (for me) was visiting the "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" sign, located right in the shadow of Mandalay Bay. 




Yes, that Mandalay Bay. 



As you approach the historic landmark, you'll see some interesting signs. Like this one that gives you the history of the sign, 


and this one, which gives you a tip about the reality of life in Sin City. (Lock your car, and take your gear with you.)


 At the LV Welcome sign, there's an incredible outpouring for the 58 victims who were killed on One-October, as it's being called.


 It's overwhelming,


and emotional,


sad and celebratory at the same time, if that's possible. 

Here are just a few of the things left for Charleston Hartfield, our local cop who was killed at the concert.  







 The tributes, photos, velas, 


Stars of David, stuffed animals, and more....


 it goes on forever. 







Tucked in with everything were plenty of handprinted rocks.




Have you noticed any around your town?

I found this rock a few weeks ago, while I was out of town. 



So I took the rock and relocated it here, at the base of the sign. Who would have thought this rock would take a 2100 mile journey! 

Look! 




Anyway, I'll try to post here a little more regularly, but just know this -  it's been tough here in the past few weeks.  I'm actually working on some fun pieces, which is good for the soul. 

Hopefully, I'll get back to posting something about them soon.




2 comments:

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

Sorry for what you are going through, but thanks for sharing. We think of you and your city often.

Wood It Is! said...

Thanks Julie... that's sweet of you. ❤️