Friday, August 14, 2015

Ammo-crate Wine box


My favorite commissions are the ones where my customers give me a green light to create - so when I received a request to make an ammo-crate inspired wine box, I got pretty excited. What's not to love? These photo samples he sent me were really great!




Denny and I planned a trip to the local Army surplus store - you gotta love a store that greets you with a bomb. 


This giant shoe pointed the way to the ammo cases, where we found more hardware than we could ever imagine.


 We even found some amazing accessories - like this bullet corkscrew and bottle opener. 


 Building the case itself was easy - one of the best ways to spend an afternoon goofing off on the shop. 


 And here's the final creation.





Complete with the inspection card!


There's even a little secret stash underneath the bottle area.


Considering some of the pieces I've been struggling with lately, building something like this was just what the doctor ordered!



No comments: