Friday, September 14, 2012

Growing a gallery

One of the long term goals I have for my woodshop/school is to grow the gallery -including more artists and possibly hosting exhibitions on a regular basis. I just added work from four new artists - quilts by Kathy Daugherty, ceramic work by Gigi Marquart, handmade journals by Becki Kollat, and a lovely painting by Sara Shawger.

When I first saw the video below, I knew I had to have one of Sara's pieces in the gallery. Her work is amazing; the next time you stop in, you MUST check out her piece. If you're like me, your eyes will be glued to it for ten minutes, examining every little brush stroke.

(Double click on this video to bring it up full-frame on your computer.)




Some of my future plans include adding a couple of woodworkers to the growing list of artists - and possibly hosting a student show. If anyone has any ideas or an artist suggestion - please let me know!



No comments: