Tuesday, April 09, 2024

The SawStop saga continues...

One of my favorite sayings is - ask ten woodworkers and you'll get 11 opinions! So I'm not 100% sure I agree with what this fellow has to say about the future of tablesaws.  I know this - I had 3 of these saws in the school and they definitely saved fingers. 




Beyond that - their customer service is absolutely spot on

This is rare in the tool industry -  I have literally dealt with 4 other tool manufacturers that were absolute a$$hats when it came to customer support.  Which ones? 

I could give specifics about each interaction, but I won't. But let's just say that I'll never buy tools from those companies ever again. And when past students or friends ask me for advice about purchasing a tool from these four companies - I highly discourage them from dropping dollars to those manufacturers.

You can say what you want about SawStop saws - they're overpriced, the inventor was money-hungry, etc... but no one complains (or whines) about Festool this much. 

Amirite?




No comments: