Sunday, March 31, 2024

Clay times!

How is it possible that I haven't posted here in almost a month!?! 

Some of you know that clay and ceramic work take up some of my work-week. I've been getting the studio in shape for making some tile for an upcoming project, and I finally have samples of all of the glazes that I make. 

That alone was a big project! There are 25 different glazes that I make, all with different formulas/recipes. Can you tell I'm a fan of earth tones? There are mostly greens/blues/browns. 


Whenever I have some extra room in the kiln, I fire bits and pieces of tile, all for future use. These shapes are for an upcoming mosaic I've been working on - 


 inspired by my (peacock) neighbor. 


He comes around almost every evening for a bit of birdseed and a visit. I asked the neighbor who takes care of him what his name is... she (aptly) named him FancyPants!



Living in Vegas is never boring!



 

No comments: