Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Sending the beast on its way!

 It's been a minute, right? 

I finally finished this massive coffee table renewal - from attaching the legs, to retrofitting the skirting, to trimming out the top with metal. And more! 

This beast has been in my shop for a month. The owners (and I) couldn't decide on a proper patina for the metal trim on the corners and the top.  Matte black? Rusted rustic? 



We tried a variety of colors and chemical patinas, but in the end - they took it without a finish on the metal. They'll experiment on it until they come up with something that they can live with. 


This table took top a huge amount of real estate in my shop, so I'm happy to see it be on its way. If they send some pictures of the finished piece, I'll be sure to post them here.

No comments: