Wednesday, August 09, 2023

A sweet experience

North Las Vegas is experiencing a building boom! 

No complaints here - within a few miles of my shop, there are new restaurants, breweries, boutiques, and one of my favorites - doughnut shops! 

I did some work for Pink Box Donuts a while ago - they're a specialty doughnut boutique, and their interiors include giant rolling pins hanging from the ceiling. They asked me to make some handles for the rolling pins, and I was happy to oblige.



Seriously, if I were a baker, I would make one of these for my own kitchen!


I was making a hardware run the other afternoon and realized I was across the street from one of their stores, so I pulled in for a quick treat. 

Their exterior is so playful, 


and I love the door handles!


Racks of products line the front counter, and they have a few specialty donuts specific to Las Vegas, 


like this Raiders donut,




and this Golden Knight donut.


l'm not 100% down with this one, but I'm sure there are people who buy one and give it to their friends or co-workers. 

I'd be a little butt-hurt if I got one. 


But looking up over the counter, I saw what I was looking for - the giant rolling pins. 



It's always fun seeing your work around town, no matter how big, or how small. 

No comments: