Sunday, November 17, 2019

Just when you thought you'd heard it all...


Just when you thought you'd heard it all.... something comes along that's a total surprise. 

I've been getting a lot of calls lately about cutting holes in the seats of chairs. In fact, I've drilled/cut more holes in seats in the last few weeks than I can even remember.



 At first, I thought there was a new upholstery trend, but after asking a few questions... well, I sort of wished it was the upholstery thing.


This last set was pretty easy - since the wooden seat could be easily removed.  There were just a few screws to remove on the bottom. 


But before that, I did a little measuring to find the center of the hole. Love these set-up blocks. 


Is there anything they can't do?


 But here's my secret weapon - a six inch hole saw for the drill press. 


Years ago, I used to make a ton of 6" round tile for inlaying in table tops. 






So this bit made outlining the area to be inlaid a snap! 

It's a beast -  using a drill press is a MUST. 


Clamping it down, too. 





 So what's the deal with the holes in the chairs? 



No comments: