Thursday, December 06, 2018

It's officially the Christmas season....

While the snow is already flying back east, it's been pretty nice here up until this week. Then all of a sudden - the  cold weather hit us, the leaves changed colors and fell off trees, and BAM! - 

Winter is here. 


In addition to teaching every night of the week, I've been cranking out a  huge amount of work for customers - and it's been hectic, but very rewarding.

I had a chance to fire up the lathe and make these juggling spools - the second time I've had the chance to make these for a local performer. 


And I couldn't be more proud of this live edge table that one of my students made - she and her husband are so excited! The photo below shows the unfinished table, 



but check out the colors that developed once it was oiled. 




Wow. 



No comments: