Saturday, September 29, 2018

Boys and their toys...

Here is a quick follow-up on that massively thick table top that I made last week. As requested,  the top was a ridiculous three inch thickness, and weighed 65 pounds. 

A little overkill, but hey - if a customer requests it, I build it. 


After finding the center and laying out a circle, I mounted the legs. 


Jeez, if you thought the table top was big, these legs make that look tiny in comparison. Made of 3/8 inch plate steel, each leg weighed 24 pounds. They slante out at 10 degrees, and the top bolts were countersunk, so that the top was flat. 

And ready for weaponry! 


BTW, that curved cut-out in the corner is where the shooter sits. 


 This table was so heavy, we had to disassemble it to get it home, but that is when the fun began!  Here is the weapon as it is supposed to sit - propped up with a sandbag in front, and   whatever-the-thing-is in back. 

Can you tell I am not a shooter?




 This table is making one marksman in town a very happy fellow tonight, 


and I am just happy I don't have to move this table around anymore!





No comments: