Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Pick your battles...


Spending New Year's Eve on a beach was good for some much needed down-time, but I'm happy to be back in the shop, working on commissions that are piling up. 


Beer and buckets of lobster? What could be better?


It actually rained here, after 116 days without any measurable precipitation.  This Adirondack chair had its first shower on the deck! (That's eucalyptus, if you're wondering. It weighs a TON.)


 I'm finishing up a low coffee table, and the buyer wanted some big and beefy turned legs. I ran the numbers in my head, and it was more cost effective to buy them, than for me to make them... go figure! 

There are some great table leg sellers out there, and truth be told - it's often better to outsource some components, than make everything yourself. 

So - pick your battles wisely, and concentrate on the things you do best.  This table should be ready to stain today, and I'll be happy to cross another piece off my list!





No comments: