Monday, February 13, 2017

Help a brother out....


You know what sucks? Well, MEAN PEOPLE, that's for sure!


But - there must be a place in hell (or karmic hell) people who steal from others. Especially those who steal from people who can least afford to lose something. 


So when I read today that my friend Josh up in Portland was burglarized, 




and someone stole not only much of his artwork, but also - important things that he needs for his business (i.e.... business cards, stickers, shopping bags, dolly,) AND his PORTFOLIO - I thought - are you effin' kidding me? 

For an artist, that akin to stealing their lifeline. 

Josh is a great guy - as funny and talented and creative as the best people I know. Did I mention talented as hell? His Etsy store rocks, and his pop culture knowledge is second to none. 


So I have a favor to ask... he set up a Go Fund Me page to recover some of his losses. (You can click on that link to read more!)  I know that as an artist, he'll be discovering what he truly lost as time goes on... he'll be reaching for a tool, or a piece of work and realize that it was stolen, too. 

Shit like that gets into your psyche and it's unnerving - that feeling of being violated.

So please - if you can spare $10 or $20, please consider donating something to his recovery. He doesn't know it yet, but I am going to contribute to his goal whatever doesn't get covered by the end of this day.


Thanks for helping a fellow artist - you just added a few karmic points to your account!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seriously Jamie, you are amazing. Thank you so so so much. Stuff like this renews my belief in good people, considering all of the craziness that's going on out there. I'm indebted to you.