Sunday, October 09, 2011

Secret pleasures

One of my favorite ways to relax is to pour a glass of wine and whip something up in the kitchen. There is something comforting about all that chopping, measuring, mixing, and blending. I know that is some people's idea of hell, but it really relaxes me and puts me in a great mood - and the side benefit is having great food throughout the week.

Truth be told, after I get home from teaching at night, I'll rinse off all the sawdust and settle in for a night of baking - anything from donuts to pizza, or harvest something from the garden (by flashlight!) and roast some veggies. Heaven!

I'm a huge fan of Chopped
, Restaurant Impossible and Good Eats. But - I often think I could come up with better recipes than some of the chefs on the Food Network. Here's a perfect example.

(Happy Birthday, mom!)


No comments: