Thursday, September 01, 2011

Back to work!


No rest for the weary.

Well, I take that back - there was some rest happening for the past few days. Don't faint - but I actually went away for a little spa getaway up in Utah, and it was quite refreshing.

Waking up to this labyrinth outside my door each morning was a treat. The red stone canyons and gorgeous iron oxide dirt is really amazing, especially if you're not used to seeing such vivid colors in nature.


Now I was pretty pooped by the time I got there. I have a way of working myself to near-exhaustion, so nothing sounded good when I first arrived. But a good night's sleep, a massage and some pampering - and I was starting to feel recharged.

You know you're in trouble when your massage therapist says your muscles feel like concrete.

How can you be up in Utah and not visit Zion National Park?


At least I thought ahead and brought hiking boots and some trail gear. Once you're inside the park, there is a shuttle that takes you around to the various stops along the way. You can hop off and explore any one of the places - from soaring canyon trails to the museums to the Emerald Pool trails.

Along the way, you might see anything from a buck with a full rack to college coeds with full racks.


But all things must come to an end - so I'm back to work, feeling more rested and ready to hop on the commission hamster wheel. It always seems like whenever I leave town, the phone rings off the hook. This week was no exception!


No comments: