Friday, July 22, 2011

AWFS® (Association of Woodworking & Furnishings Suppliers) show in Vegas

Well... this is exciting. The AWFS is finally in town, and I'm headed there for the second time this week. You can feel excitement in the air, unlike two years ago, at the last show. There are more exhibitors, with better booths, stocked with everything from abrasives to ... well, I can't think of anything woodworking thing that starts with a Z right now. It's too early in the morning.

The crowds have started lining up well before the doors open. That's probably a good sign.


Belt sander races. Need I say more?

It's hard not to get excited when these signs greet you.



My agenda for the day is to check out the Fresh Wood student woodworking competition display and the AWFS Fair bookstore. Hopefully, I'll squeeze in another visit to the tool hall, to check out the wide belt sander that I'm considering purchasing.

Hopefully, I'll get some good pics and maybe some swag. Stay tuned!

No comments: