Monday, February 22, 2010

Music in the woodshop

Sorry that there hasn't been much activity here, but I've had an incredibly busy schedule at the woodworking school lately. Luckily, things are back to normal once again. Well, as normal as things ever are around a woodshop...

Which brings me to the latest thing running around my head - music in the woodshop. Here's a confession - I really love rap music. And I think it gets a bad... well, rap, for being nonsensical and angry. Sure, much of it is. But there is a ton of interesting rap out there that deserves your attention.

Like this one.





Last week, I had music playing in the woodshop and students arriving for their last Basic Woodworking session. One student walked in a started complaining about the music playing in the shop. "I hate rap!" What a shame. She's missing some great music.

This is a current favorite. If you're offended by salty language, here's a censored version. Try to look past the lyrics and listen to what he's saying. You have an open mind, don't you?





Who's on your iPod?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your current favorite song ... very nice.